ADSM-L

TDP for ORACLE and number of sessions

2001-11-06 12:35:43
Subject: TDP for ORACLE and number of sessions
From: Thiha Than <thiha AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2001 09:33:04 -0800
hi,

>when I backup our ORACLE 8 databases with TDP for ORACLE
>I see a lot of sessions start and end until the backup has finished.
>Is there a way to backup the database in one single session?
>We backup directly to tape and this can interfere with the Exchange
>or SAP backups.

Unfortunately, you cannot just start one session for the entire backup.
But not all the sessions are backup sessions.  Almost all the short ones
are for query which has nothing to do with the tape.  If you want to have
long running TDPO backup process, you can use 'filesperset' parameter to
multiplex your data files to pump more data through a backup session. That
option will also give you a better performance.

regards,
Thiha