ADSM-L

Re: Unable to connect to exchange2000 with TDP2.2

2001-11-05 08:15:01
Subject: Re: Unable to connect to exchange2000 with TDP2.2
From: Del Hoobler <hoobler AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2001 08:08:54 -0500
> Yep, that was the trick. I knew it was something easy. Why didnt I need
it
> in 5.5...hoo well...

Joe,

I am glad that solved the problem.  You did not need it
in Exchange 5.5 because Exchange 5.5 does not allow Active/Active
clustering.  It only allows Active/Passive clustering.
And that means for Exchange 5.5 you could only ever have
one Exchange server on any given cluster.  As a result,
TDP for Exchange knew that any machine could only have
one Exchange 5.5 Server at a time...and so it knew, by default,
what the Exchange server name was.

With Exchange 2000 came Active/Active clustering, that is
you could possibly have two Exchange servers running on
one machine at the same time... and so, TDP for Exchange
does not make assumptions on which one you want to connect to...
...even if you are just running one at a time.

Thanks,

Del

Del Hoobler
Del Hoobler
IBM Corporation
hoobler AT us.ibm DOT com

"It's a beautiful day.  Don't let it get away."  -- Bono