ADSM-L

Re: Cant make full backup in SQL TDP 2.2 *URGENT*

2001-11-02 00:26:51
Subject: Re: Cant make full backup in SQL TDP 2.2 *URGENT*
From: Tony Jules <Tony.Jules AT OLYMPUS DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 1 Nov 2001 12:44:46 -0500
William,

I have seen a similar situation when you have Disk Cache Enable. You will
need to turn disk caching off, and then do a move data to flush the
diskpool from its cache.
TDP evaluates the amount of space needed before the backup, and if the
estimation changes during the backup due to disk caching, TDP will fail
with a not enough storage space available error message.

Good luck.

Tony Jules
ITS / Olympus America Inc.
631-844-5887
tony.jules AT olympus DOT com

                    William
                    Degli-Angeli         To:     ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
                    <billybob@US.        cc:
                    IBM.COM>             Subject:     Re: Cant make full backup
in SQL TDP 2.2  *URGENT*
                    Sent by:
                    "ADSM: Dist
                    Stor Manager"
                    <ADSM-L AT VM DOT MA
                    RIST.EDU>

                    11/01/2001
                    11:23 AM
                    Please
                    respond to
                    "ADSM: Dist
                    Stor Manager"

While I can't explain the TSM server system error (RC1). I can tell you
that
the errors in the event log are a result of the TSM server system error.

I suggest contacting Tivoli support.

    Thanks,
        Bill

William Degli-Angeli
IGS TDP Development
Endicott, NY
(607) 752-6749
TieLine: 852-6749
Internet: BillyBob AT US.IBM DOT Com

                    Petur
                    Eythorsson           To:     ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
                    <peddi AT ITN DOT IS>       cc:
                    Sent by:             Subject:     Cant make full backup
in SQL TDP 2.2  *URGENT*
                    "ADSM: Dist
                    Stor Manager"
                    <ADSM-L AT VM DOT MAR
                    IST.EDU>

                    11/01/2001
                    10:38 AM
                    Please respond
                    to "ADSM: Dist
                    Stor Manager"

Hi i have a strange problem.

I can4t make a full backup of a SQL.

We have reacently upgraded the machine and replaced the opreating system.

i re-installed the TDP for SQL v.2.2 and tested a full backup, but then i
get
this message. from the server

"ANR0530W Transaction failed for session 2258 for node SAGA_SQL (TDP
MSSQLV2 NT)
internal server error detected."

i i get this message in the GUI of the client.

"Backup failed. ANS1301E (RC1)Server detected system error"

and i get these messages in my event log

"18210 :
BackupVirtualDeviceFile::RequestDurableMedia: Flush failure on backup
device 'TDPSQL-00000590-0000'. Operating system error 995(error not found).
"

and this one

"3041 :
BACKUP failed to complete the command USE master BACKUP DATABASE [master]
VIRTUAL_DEVICE=N'TDPSQL-00000590-0000' WITH BLOCKSIZE=512,
MAXTRANSFERSIZE=1048576, NAME=N'full', DESCRIPTION=N'TDPSQL-00000590-0000
(TDP
MS SQL V2)'"

The server is Dell, 4 cpu
Windows 2000
Service Pack 2
SQL 2000
with no service pack, and no patch.

we have a a simmelar clients with
Windows 2000
and Service Pack 2
SQL 2000
with no serice pack, and no patches.

And they have not been having this problem.

And stagne enugh i have no problem with taking TransAction Log bakcup of
this
machine.

This is oure Production Server and I MUST GET A FULL BACKUP OF THIS SERVER.

PLEASE HELP ME, Ohh WISE COMRADES. :)

^essi skilabop voru send mep vefpssti Fjarskiptafilagsins Tmtan.
^essi skilabop voru send mep vefpssti Fjarskiptafilagsins Tmtan.
         Slspin er: http://postur.itn.is/