ADSM-L

Re: TSM Ver 4.1 Client and ADSM ver 3.1 server (multiple sessions )

2001-11-01 14:25:22
Subject: Re: TSM Ver 4.1 Client and ADSM ver 3.1 server (multiple sessions )
From: "Rushforth, Tim" <TRushfor AT CITY.WINNIPEG.MB DOT CA>
Date: Thu, 1 Nov 2001 13:22:11 -0600
With W2K and NT (some version of IE added) you can use the Task Scheduler.
(Scheduled Tasks folder under My Computer (NT) or Control Panel (W2K)).
This is basically a GUI for AT.  AT scheduled commands end up here.  You can
also use WINAT a GUI from the resource kit on NT.

One advantage of using this scheduling over TSM is more flexibility.  We
have some schedules that we execute every hour from 8:00 am to 10:00 pm,
Monday to Friday.  Simple to do with one Schedule with Scheduled Tasks.
Takes a whole whack of schedules under TSM.  But as Wanda says you then have
to do your own error checking for failed schedules.

Tim Rushforth
City of Winnipeg