ADSM-L

Re: TSM 4.2.1.6 AIX 4.3.3.0

2001-11-01 03:43:21
Subject: Re: TSM 4.2.1.6 AIX 4.3.3.0
From: Sheelagh Treweek <sheelagh.treweek AT COMPUTING-SERVICES.OXFORD.AC DOT UK>
Date: Thu, 1 Nov 2001 08:40:49 +0000
We have been seeing the server hangs, or something very like them,
as described by Jim (4140) and Henk (4216) - since July at 4140.
We have had a PMR open since then and have not made any progress
towards a resolution.  The latest suggestion I have had is to
upgrade to either 4144 or (wait for it) 4212 to fix the problem.
This latest suggestion was this week, and after all the problems
have been aired with 421x on this list.  The finger is being
pointed at 'library sharing' code (which we do not use and have
library sharing option set to no).

I would urge anyone experiencing server problems that require a
restart to resolve, to report the problems to IBM/Tivoli. They
may not get the focus required to diagnose and fix otherwise.

Thanks to all for the information about 421x.

I opened a PMR about the licensing problems still persisting at 4216
and was told today that it will be fixed at 4127, which is being built,
and that it had been accidentally omitted from 4216.

Regards, Sheelagh
--
Sheelagh Treweek
Sheelagh Treweek