ADSM-L

Merging two server into one

2001-10-31 10:56:27
Subject: Merging two server into one
From: Andreas Rensch <RenschA AT ALTE-LEIPZIGER DOT DE>
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2001 16:53:50 +0100
Hi TSM-/ADSM-ers,

is there a possibility to merge two TSM servers into one?

Our situation describes as follows : We have two TSM servers - both at
OS/390 - which share the same range of tapes. Now we want to move to the Sun
Solaris platform. We planned to take our first TSM server as a base for the
new TSM server on Solaris. But we have about 150 tapes on our second TSM
server and want to avoid to copy all these tapes. Is there another way to
get this data into the first TSM server?

One option is to define the clients of the second TSM server at the first
TSM server, make first a full backup and then incremental backups. The
problem with this option is that we loose our backup history.

Any other idea?

mfg / regards

andreas rensch / StorageManagement / rz-qs
phone : +49(0)6171.66.3692 / fax : +49(0)6171.66.7500.3692 / mobile :
+49(0)172.6649.016  / pse : 75 / mailto:renscha AT alte-leipziger DOT de
Alte Leipziger Lebensversicherung aG - Alte Leipziger Platz 1 - D 61440
Oberursel - http://www.alte-leipziger.de

When all else fails, read the instructions.