ADSM-L

Re: equivalent of -virtualnodename for onbar

2001-10-31 10:09:36
Subject: Re: equivalent of -virtualnodename for onbar
From: Jeff Bach <jdbach AT WAL-MART DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2001 09:06:49 -0600
Arnaud,

        Disable the backup of logical logging on the system to be restored
to.  Change the dsm.sys file for the API.  (ie:/usr/adsm/api/dsm.sys).  Now
do the restore.

        The data stored by ADSM does not change due to a restore.  You could
define 1000 clients as your HACMP Informix DB nodename and as long as you
don't backup any data on them, the data stored by ADSM does not change.
Even if you do backup Informix data accidentally, the backup of the data you
are restoring from is still good becuase Informix on a restore will ask for
specific objects.  The data accidentally backed up under the wrong node name
is most likely not retrievable by onbar though or very difficult.

        We do this all the time, with HACMP and Service Guard systems.  If
this does not help, please specify concerns.

Jeff Bach

and intended solely for the individual or entity to
whom they are addressed.  If you have received this email
in error destroy it immediately.