ADSM-L

Archives on AIX and variables.

2001-10-30 08:43:38
Subject: Archives on AIX and variables.
From: "Brian L. Nick" <BRIAN.NICK AT PHOENIXWM DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2001 08:40:58 -0500
Good morning everyone.

 We are running TSM 4.1.4.0 on OS/390 2.10. My question concerns archives
and the use if the description field. We are archiving data from Several
AIX boxes all running AIX 4.3 and TSM client 4.1.3.0. and I noticed that
the archives for these nodes seems to take longer every week, upon further
investigation this is what I found.

 The archive is running weekly and is initiated from the client, the cron
job that is initiating the archive is using the same description every week
and my understanding is that this will just append each weeks archive under
that single description.

 Is there a way to use a variable or symbolic in the description field to
address this issue?  Please bear with me as I am not AIX literate and do
not know CRON.

 Any information is greatly appreciated.

 Thanks,
    Brian

Brian L. Nick
Systems Technician - Storage Solutions
The Phoenix Companies Inc.
100 Bright Meadow Blvd
Enfield CT. 06082-1900

E-MAIL:  Brian.Nick AT phoenixwm DOT com
PHONE:   (860)403-2281