ADSM-L

Question on MS Exchange Server backups

2001-10-26 15:02:41
Subject: Question on MS Exchange Server backups
From: Ramesh Viswanathan <ramesh AT SCR.SIEMENS DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2001 14:59:30 -0400
Hello,

I would like to know if any of you perform incremental backups of your
exchange server during the day.

I am thinking of creating an hourly job that performs incremental backup
of our Exchange Server (we do full nightly backups) so that in case of a
failure of the server, and loss of the transaction logs, we would only
loose at most an hours worth of mail.

By the way, we do have Raid5 for the Exchange Database and Mirrored Drives
for the transaction logs.

Thoughts, comments, experiences welcome.

Thanks,

Ramesh