ADSM-L

Re: Strange behaviour????

2001-10-26 10:42:22
Subject: Re: Strange behaviour????
From: Jerry Caupain <j.caupain AT ONL.PINKROCCADE DOT NL>
Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2001 16:38:32 +0200
Thanx everyone for the replies.
It's all clear to me now.............but I still find it strange;-)
I defined a client option set and updated all my client nodes except the one
that needs the LOG_POLICY-MC managementclass to make use of this option set.

Kind regards,

Jerry

>>> storman AT US.IBM DOT COM 10/26/01 04:13PM >>>
Yes, this is perfectly normal. I am guessing that the LOG_POLICY-MC
management class has a RETONLY value equal to or greater than that of your
STANDARD management class. The TSM client binds directories to the
management class with the largest RETONLY setting. If two or more
management classes have the largest RETONLY setting, then it is
undocumented as to which class will be selected.

Regards,

Andy

Andy Raibeck
IBM Software Group

The command line is your friend.

Jerry Caupain <j.caupain AT ONL.PINKROCCADE DOT NL>
10/26/2001 02:12