ADSM-L

Re: check in tapes during backup

2001-10-26 05:45:42
Subject: Re: check in tapes during backup
From: Michael Bartl <michael.bartl AT CW DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2001 11:42:46 +0200
Marian,
when you run out of available tapes, you get an error message "server
out of data storage space" and your backup terminates. As the backup
method "progressive" doesn't retransmit files that already have been
backed up successfully, you won't have additional traffic when you
restart backup (after having checked in some more tapes).
TSM will not restart backup from the point where the error occured, but
will start right from the beginning (without resending already backed up
data).

Good luck,
regards,
Michael
--
Michael Bartl                               mailto:michael.bartl AT cw DOT com
Michael Bartl                               mailto:michael.bartl AT cw DOT com