ADSM-L

Re: internal server error / ANR0102E

2001-10-25 22:51:20
Subject: Re: internal server error / ANR0102E
From: Pothula S Paparao <9pothula AT SG.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2001 10:47:59 +0800
Did u find any volumes causing this problem. observe which are the volumes
mounted during migration and also perform audit volume on that.
not really know, which is causing problem after going through ur message.
I can only suspect that this was the result of a failed transaction. The
error that you were seeing indicated that   attempting to write some data
to a Storeage pool. The TSM Server  keeps track of all of the data on this
storage pool  and therefore knows where to append data on a given pool.
The problem was that there was already a database entry for the segment
that u are  attempting to write to.  As a result we could not append any
data to  that storage pool volume. Moving the data from this volume will
cause all of the segment information for this storage pool volume to be
removed from the database, thus eliminating the problem. Problem may occur
is when a transaction begins writing to a storage pool volume.  A segment
on the stg. vol  will be allocated to this transaction. If this transaction
fails, TSM server will roll back any database updates created by this
transction. In few cases, in your case , TSM server was unable to do this.
There may stil exists some invalid entries in database resulting
transaction to fail.
Try audit volumes on stg pool volumes also.
Regards
sreekumar.

                    Christian Wolfstieg
                    <Christian.Wolfstieg@CARGOL       To:     ADSM-L AT
VM.MARIST DOT EDU
                    IFTER.COM>                        cc:
                    Sent by: "ADSM: Dist Stor         Subject:     internal
server error / ANR0102E
                    Manager"
                    <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU>

                    10/25/2001 23:46
                    Please respond to "ADSM:
                    Dist Stor Manager"

Hello,

this error on my DB happened now the second time the last three months.
Each time when the server is trying to migrate. "DSMSERV AUDITDB FIX=YES"
fixed the problem. But what is causing this problem? Anybody seen this? (My
TSM-Server: WIN NT, TSM v4.2, IBM 3494 library.)

10/18/2001 21:22:52   ANR0102E asalloc.c(4743): Error 1 inserting row in
table "AS.Segments".
10/18/2001 21:22:52   ANR1032W Migration process 37 terminated for storage
pool BACKUPPOOL - internal server error detected.

Thanks,
Christian Wolfstieg.