ADSM-L

Drive Mapping in TSM SAN

2001-10-25 20:36:25
Subject: Drive Mapping in TSM SAN
From: Jorge Rodriguez <jrodri_duran AT HOTMAIL DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2001 20:33:35 -0400
Hi...

I have tsm server 4.2 on AIX 4.3.3, LTO 3584, McData Director ED-5000
connected to McData ES-1000. The LTO is connected to the ES-1000. The SAN is
active.

When I run a backup the LTO mount the tape but the tsm server doesnot
receive the notification of the mount and the session is IdleW.

After a short time, the Storage Agent shows the following errors:

ANR1404W  Scratch volume mount request denied - mount failed
ANR9779E Unable to acquire a drive for volume *SCRATCH* From the library
manager.

I donot know if the drive mapping is ok.

Please, Itos urgent...

Jorge Rodr!guez
Caracas - Venezuela