ADSM-L

Re: IBM FAStT Disk Storage for TSM server

2001-10-25 16:18:16
Subject: Re: IBM FAStT Disk Storage for TSM server
From: Bill Mansfield <WMansfield AT SOLUTIONTECHNOLOGY DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2001 15:14:42 -0500
Actually, neither of the FastTs are supported under AIX yet, according to
the official IBM support lists.  Coming soon, I hear.

_____________________________
William Mansfield
Senior Consultant
Solution Technology, Inc
630 357 7744 x338

                    "Joshua S.
                    Bassi"               To:     ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
                    <jbassi@IHWY.        cc:
                    COM>                 Subject:     Re: IBM FAStT Disk
Storage for TSM server
                    Sent by:
                    "ADSM: Dist
                    Stor Manager"
                    <ADSM-L AT VM DOT MA
                    RIST.EDU>

                    10/25/2001
                    10:19 AM
                    Please
                    respond to
                    "ADSM: Dist
                    Stor Manager"

The FAStT500 absolutely does support the RS6K.

Last week I installed a FAStT500 in a SAN environment for one of my
clients.  It was connected to a W2K box, a few NT servers and a NetWare
5.1 server.  The TSM backup server is running on the W2K box.

--
Joshua S. Bassi
Joshua S. Bassi