ADSM-L

Running the Notes Connect Agent with a R5 Domino server with 4.6 databases?

2001-10-25 10:12:37
Subject: Running the Notes Connect Agent with a R5 Domino server with 4.6 databases?
From: Lisa Cabanas <CABANL AT MAIL.MODOT.STATE.MO DOT US>
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2001 09:19:08 -0500
I've not been able to find whether this is possible, and I don't have a
test machine available to test right now.  We are painfully moving forward
in upgrading our email system, and we have a number of NT4 SP5/6 servers
running a Domino R5 server, but with 4.6 databases & templates.  I am
using the TDP for Domino against the open databases, but it doesn't work
as designed because we end up backing up all the entire .nsf files, since
Domino archive logging can't work in this setup.

I am wondering if, since for all intents and purposes, the server is
masquerading as a 4.6 Notes server, if I can use the TDP for Notes (old
Notes connect agent) to get the document level backup version of
incrementals-- or will this fail since the Domino server is 5.0--
masquerading or not??

thanks in advance!

lisa