ADSM-L

Re: server media mount not possible

2001-10-23 11:44:47
Subject: Re: server media mount not possible
From: "<James> <healy>" <James.Healy2 AT AXACS DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2001 11:42:04 -0400
Just a thought : Is your primary disk pool set up properly with next
storage pool to a tape pool that exists and has scratches available to it?

"Nancy Reeves" <Nancy.Reeves AT WICHITA DOT EDU>@VM.MARIST.EDU> on 10/23/2001
10:54:19 AM

To:   ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
cc:

Subject:  server media mount not possible

Can anyone point me to a fuller description or explanation of that error
message (in the subject)? It has no message number, and is in the client's
dsmerror.log and a pop up window. There are no error messages in the
server activity log, and I know that all the drives in the robot/library
are available and that there are scratch tapes in the robot/library.

Server runs TSM for AIX 4.1.0.0. Client runs TSM 4.1.2.12 (WinNT 5),
client is trying to back up a large file (2.1 G, which is larger than
Maximum Size Threshold of the primary backup storage pool on disk). The
Client Options Set has Tapeprompt=yes override=no, and the client has
tapeprompt=no. The file should go straight to the secondary backup storage
pool, which is a tape pool, and that appears to be what the server is
trying to do, but something is going wrong. Any ideas?

Thanks!

Nancy Reeves
Technical Support, Wichita State University
Nancy.Reeves AT wichita DOT edu          316-978-3860