ADSM-L

Re: include a mounted file system

2001-10-23 09:35:23
Subject: Re: include a mounted file system
From: Michael Bartl <michael.bartl AT CW DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2001 15:32:39 +0200
Wolfgang,
how are your copygroups configured? By using the include statement you
selected the copygroup to use.
There's a parameter that can get you to backing up files every time:
#########
MODE
     Specifies whether the server backs up a file only if the file has
     changed since the last backup, or whenever a client requests a
backup.
     This parameter is optional. Possible values are:

     MODified
          Specifies that the file is backed up only if it has changed
since
          the last backup. A file is considered changed if any of the
          following is true:
             + The date last modified is different
             + The file size is different
             + The file owner is different
             + The file permissions are different

     ABSolute
          Specifies that the file is backed up regardless of whether it
has
          been changed.

     The MODE value is used only for full incremental backup. This value
is
     ignored during partial incremental backup or selective backup.
Be sure to set the copygroup mode to modified (don't forget to
validate/activate the policy set you changed)
Also be sure to stop/restart the dsmc scheduler to get the changed
dsm.sys file recognised by dsmc.

Good luck,
regards, Michael
--
Michael Bartl                               mailto:michael.bartl AT cw DOT com
Michael Bartl                               mailto:michael.bartl AT cw DOT com