ADSM-L

TSM 4.2 on W2K

2001-10-22 17:58:44
Subject: TSM 4.2 on W2K
From: "Joshua S. Bassi" <jbassi AT IHWY DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2001 14:55:37 -0700
All,

For some reason I lost my TSM Wizards interface when I upgraded to 4.2.1
and then uninstalled and reinstalled 4.2.0.0.  Now I am trying to
install the TSM Server as a Service and it's not working.

I ran the command the install command from the console directory:

install "TSM Server" "c:\program files\tivoli\tsm\server\dsmsvc.exe"
administrator password

and when I go into Services and try to start the server it says that an
unexpected error has occurred.  I also tried installing the service with
the system account which is how I want it to run but it wouldn't
install.  I tried changing the user who started the service to the
system account and it still failed.  I normally have installed the
server with the Wizard but it disappeared and now I can't find the
executable that starts it, and it's not coming up in the MMC.

My question is how do I get the TSM Server to install as a service or
how do I get the TSM Wizard to come back up?

--
Joshua S. Bassi
Joshua S. Bassi