ADSM-L

Out of temporary table...

2001-10-22 03:58:32
Subject: Out of temporary table...
From: Daniel Sparrman <daniel.sparrman AT EXIST-SWEDEN DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2001 09:50:02 +0200

We have a monitor tool that constantly sends SQL queries to the TSM server, to query the status of the db, scratch volumes, activity log and so on.

When using a ticker monitor, wich sends SQL queries every 5 minutes, the database grows to the limit of the total size, and we get the error message "Out of temporary...".

Is this a bug in Tivoli Storage Manager or the ODBC driver? It cant be that the database grows to it's full capacity.

Is there a way to empty the temporary tables? Or is there a refresh rate at wich TSM itself empties the tables?

We thought that Tivoli itself should empty the tables when they start getting full, but that's not the case.

We figured out that if we restart the Tivoli Storage manager server, it empties the tables, and the database shrinks to normal level. What does Tivoli Storage Manager do on a startup of the server?

Best Regards

Daniel Sparrman