ADSM-L

WIN2k dsmsvc.exe handle count problem

2001-10-19 09:25:16
Subject: WIN2k dsmsvc.exe handle count problem
From: Jeremy Greven <jgreven AT CHUBB DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2001 00:24:41 -0400
Hi

I am running TSM 4.2.1.3 on a Win2k box.  The server is freezing daily.  (i
know i know.. put it on a different platform - I'm working on it)
After investigation Microsoft they told me that the dsmsvc.exe process is
taking 100% of system resources and that my system isn't actually frozen,
but has no resources available to process any requests.  The only way to
get it back is to physically power it down and reboot it.

Within hours of rebooting the box the handles count goes through the roof
for that service.  (ex - The server has now been up for 12hrs and the
handle count is currently sitting at 148'624 - the next highest process is
using 600 handles)

I've opened a ticket with Tiv but thought I would toss it out to the
'gurus' to see if any of you had ever experienced this?

Thanks

Jeremy