ADSM-L

Re: inclexcl w/3.7 server & client

2001-10-19 09:24:58
Subject: Re: inclexcl w/3.7 server & client
From: Zlatko Krastev/ACIT <acit AT ATTGLOBAL DOT NET>
Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2001 13:30:22 +0300
You can exclude in two ways:
exclude /abc/def/test/.../*
exclude.dir /abc/def/test/
You can omit the beginning slash (better don't) but do not put too many
dots in front - you can exclude
/home/bigboss/abc/def/test/very_important_file.report
Note also that former statement increases "Total number of objects
inspected: " counter (as well as the time backup runs ;-) especially for
many files in there. The later just skips the whole dir and does not care
at all what it contains (but I do not know does it expire already backed up
files !?).

Zlatko Krastev
IT Consultant

George Lesho <GLesho AT AFCE DOT COM> on 17.10.2001 21:27:34