ADSM-L

disaster recovery

2001-10-18 17:18:32
Subject: disaster recovery
From: "Wu, Jie" <JWu AT NCTR.FDA DOT GOV>
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2001 15:58:02 -0500
we are thinking of a better disaster recovery plan. Right now we have one
TSM server. We back up db and primary stgpool and send the tapes to a vault
for disaster recovery purpose. Based on our current environment, the
recovery steps basicly would be:
        1. aquire new hardware and install OS and TSM
        2. apply TSM server recovery procedures, including formatting log,
db volumes, db restore, etc.
This plan takes relatively long time and we want to purchase a standby TSM
server(with OS, TSM software, tape library, and everything) for a speedy
recovery. The question is "do we still need to go through the TSM server
recovery procudures?", which may take long time. Will server-to-server
configuration helps?

Thanks.

JiePs - I would also like to say that my heart goes out to all those people
directly and indirectly affected by yesterday's tragic events. Saddened
beyond belief.