ADSM-L

re - TSM Secure Web Admin Proxy

2001-10-18 08:15:10
Subject: re - TSM Secure Web Admin Proxy
From: David McClelland <DAVIDMCCLELLAND AT UK.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2001 12:58:32 +0100
Hi,

I posted this a few months ago, but never heard any replies until this week
when someone mailed me as they too had the same problem, and wondered if I
had a response. So, here goes again - does anyone else actually use this?

>  Hi All,

>  Do many people out in *SM-land make use of the Secure Web Admin Proxy
 > (SWAP) for TSM?

> For those who do, have you too come across the same problem when
upgrading
> a TSM server to 4.x that the graphics on the web browser now no longer
> appear when using the SWAP which shipped with TSM 3.7?

> In an attempt to thwart this, I installed the new version of SWAP which
> shipped with the TSM 4.2 set - upon installing this I see that there are
> specific options for which verisons of TSM servers you are likely to be
> administering - probably something to do with enhanced functionality (and
> thus extra icons and graphics required in the Web Admin Client) in later
> versions of the server.

> However, inspite of a seemingly smooth install, I can now no longer log
on
> to *anything* *anywhere*... I am presented with an 'Invalid Login - The
> userid or password that was specified is not valid'. Looking on the TSM
> server I see an 'ANR0459W Signon for administrator DAVIDS refused -
invalid
> administrator name and/or password submitted.'. Two things struck me as
> 'odd' at this point - 1. my login is correct as I use this very same
login
> from other admin clients to the same server without problems, and 2. This
> isn't a 'normal' 'session xx for adminstrator yy refused - invalid
password
> submitted' refused access error.

> I have also checked that the 'proxy' administrator is set up and
functional
> too.

> Any ideas? Has anyone got the TSM SWAP working with 4.x (4.1.3 and 4.2 in
> our case) servers?

David McClelland
Tivoli Storage Management Team
Tivoli Storage Management Team
IBM EMEA Technical Centre,
Internet: davidmcclelland AT uk.ibm DOT com