ADSM-L

AS/400 client to TSM on RS/6000

2001-10-17 16:40:42
Subject: AS/400 client to TSM on RS/6000
From: "Martin, Jon R." <jrmartin AT KNS DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2001 16:38:29 -0400
Hello,

        We are running TSM Server 3.7.2 on an RS/6000.  We have added a
domain for AS/400 to backup to the TSM Server through BRMS.  I am not
familiar with AS/400-BRMS.  I want to make sure that the AS/400
administrator has BRMS configured in the most efficient manner but I am not
familiar with that product.  Any have suggestions of things I can have him
check?

        Additionally, while looking through archives I saw posts about poor
data transfer rates with this combination. Is anyone aware of fixes for that
problem.  We alse see slow data transfer.

FYI,

I have set up the Management class etc, per examples from IBM web site as
follows.

DEFine DOmain AS400 DESCription='Domain for BRMS Application Clients'
BACKRETention=365 ARCHRETention=0
DEFine POLicyset AS400 AS400 DESCription='Policy set for BRMS Application
Clients'
DEFine MGmtclass AS400 AS400 AS400 DESCription= 'Management class for BRMS
Application Clients'
DEFine COpygroup AS400 AS400 AS400 STANDARD Type=Backup
DESTination=storage-pool-name VERExists=1 VERDeleted=0 RETExtra=0 RETOnly=0
ASSign DEFMGmtclass AS400 AS400 AS400
ACTivate POlicyset AS400 AS400

Thanks,
Jon Martin