ADSM-L

Re: Unavailable tape drive on AIX

2001-10-16 08:59:54
Subject: Re: Unavailable tape drive on AIX
From: Robert Dowsett <Robert.Andrew.Dowsett AT HYDRO DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2001 14:56:17 +0100
Hi

Thanks for the help.
Luckily we managed to solve the problem just before you wrote in.
What we did was this:
     Delete all the drives in the same ACSLS cabinet as the "Undefinable"
one (using TSM's delete drive command).
     Redefine all the drives starting with the "undefinable" one first.
It worked like a charm!

Cheers
Rob

> Even after restarting the TSM server we still cannot redefine the drive
(we
> get the same error message).
> We have managed to delete and redefine one of our other tape drives.
>
> Has anyone got any suggestions about this error and how we can redefine
our
> drive?

Robert,  it probably sounds silly, but restarting (i.e. power the robot off
and on) did help us. Some time ago we had the same problem, except that it
was a 3590 drive in a 3494 library.

Cheers,
Henk ten Have