ADSM-L

Invalid option on 4.2 Solaris client

2001-10-12 04:50:14
Subject: Invalid option on 4.2 Solaris client
From: Alexander Verkooijen <alexander AT SARA DOT NL>
Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2001 10:31:56 +0200
Hi all,

I've a customer who runs a 4.2.1 client
on Solaris (sorry, don't know which release).
When he tries to start dsmc he gets:

ANS1036S Invalid option 'COMMMETHOD' found in options file
'/export/opt/sparc/tivoli/tsm/client/ba/bin/dsm.sys'
         at line number : 2
         Invalid entry : '  COMMmethod       TCPip'

His dsm.sys looks like this:

SERVERNAME              XXXXXXX
   COMMmethod           TCPip
   TCPPORT              1500
   TCPBuffSize          32
   txnbyte              25600
   tcpnodelay           Y
   TCPServeraddress     XXXXXXXXX
COMPRESSION             OFF
INCLEXCL                /usr/tivoli/tsm/client/ba/bin/inclexcl.lst
SCHEDLOGNAME            /usr/tivoli/tsm/client/ba/bin/dsmsched.log
ERRORLOGNAME            /usr/tivoli/tsm/client/ba/bin/dsmerror.log
SCHEDLOGRETENTION       10 D
ERRORLOGRETENTION       14 D
PASSWORDACCESS          GENERATE
MAILPROG                /usr/bin/mail root
USERS                   root
SCHEDMODe               PRompted
NODENAME                XXXXXXXXXX

When he swaps COMMMETHOD with TCPPORT, the client complains about
TCPPORT, so I know the client is using the right option file.

Has anyone seen this before? Or is this a bug? (The client
is only 2 weeks old) Or am I missing something obvious?

(I can't find anything in the list archives or the APAR
database)

Regards,

Alexander
Alexander Verkooijen        (alexander AT sara DOT nl)
Alexander Verkooijen        (alexander AT sara DOT nl)
Senior Systems Programmer
SARA High Performance Computing