ADSM-L

Re: NT client 4.2.1 - scheduled backups EXTREMELY low transfer ra te

2001-10-11 22:22:17
Subject: Re: NT client 4.2.1 - scheduled backups EXTREMELY low transfer ra te
From: "Walsh, Garin" <gwalsh AT LOGISTICS DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2001 16:11:26 -0400
Likewise I upgraded two Win2000 boxes to the latest 4.2.1 client from 3.1.07
and saw similar results (the slower box went from about 4MB/Sec to 200KB/Sec
and the faster went from 7MB/Sec to 300KB/Sec.) The server was not updated
(version 3.1.0.8 - and I know that the 4.2 client isn't supported against
this server version but it was just a test.) All the server and client
options stayed the same excepting those that might have been changed by the
upgrade or now have different defaults (none that I know of though)

And it does not appear to be a GUI reporting problem like has happened
occasionally in past UIs, timed it with a wall clock and it really is much
much slower.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Garin Walsh