ADSM-L

After Upgrade to 4.2.1

2001-10-11 17:48:17
Subject: After Upgrade to 4.2.1
From: "Gill, Geoffrey L." <GEOFFREY.L.GILL AT SAIC DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2001 14:48:06 -0700
I've migrated my system to TSM 4.2.1, I'm on AIX 4.3.3. I have a few issues
to deal with and I'd thought I'd pass them on to anyone interested in
upgrading. First the license issue I mentioned yesterday. Annoying to say
the least.

I monitored the backups till 10PM and it was fine. I came in this morning
and found TSM had core dumped at 12:25 AM this morning. Operations did not
call, the backups were missed, so needless to say I was pissed. TSM support
cannot tell me what the issue is yet, but I did find out someone in Europe
upgraded 2 days ago and it looks like they have a similar or the same issue.
They do have the same OS and TSM versions as I do.

Here is the error from the log. I've already sent the dsmserv executable,
error logs and the core dump to Tivoli. I have not heard back yet. This is a
severity one call.

10/11/01 00:25:07  ANR9999D imfs.c(3258): ThreadId<159> Lock conflict error
in obtaining sLock for node 259, filespace 3

When I hear something I will let you all know......And I thought this was
going to be easy.....er.....

Geoff Gill
TSM Administrator
NT Systems Support Engineer