ADSM-L

Re: Check for Process

2001-10-11 15:01:42
Subject: Re: Check for Process
From: Charles Anderson <ceanderson AT DIS.UMSMED DOT EDU>
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2001 13:59:30 -0500
Geoffrey,

here ya go in bash ( I'm afraid I'm NT illiterate, so I dunno how much help
this will be )
-Ed Anderson
#!/usr/local/bin/bash
#!/usr/local/bin/bash
# BEGIN  /root/bin/runTSMSERVyoubastard.bash
#===============
# Check for dsmserv running on solaris  / True SysV
#===============

DATE=`date`
PATHTODSMSERV="/opt/tivoli/tsm/server/bin/dsmserv"
ISRUNNING=`ps -aef | grep dsmserv | wc -l`
 # Should be 2, one for the real process and one for the "grep dsmserv" process

if ( "$ISRUNNING == "2" ); then
   exit
else
   nohup $PATHTODSMSERV
   mail -s "TSM SERVER WAS RESTARTED ON $DATE" your-address AT your.domain DOT
com [email protected]
fi

#END

add this to your crontab for the root user
1  16-7   *  *  *  /root/bin/runTSMSERVyoubastard.bash

short sweet and to the point,
ed

>>> GEOFFREY.L.GILL AT SAIC DOT COM 10/11/01 01:47PM >>>
I'd like to know if anyone has a script that will do the following. Cron
would check once an hour from 4PM to 7 AM and see if the TSM server is up
and running. If not to restart it. I had a problem last night and the
operators didn't check backups for 6 hours and most were missed because TSM
crashed.

I'm sure this is easy to do, but my brain is mush from migrating TSM to a
different production server and upgrading to 4.2.1. After the upgrade it
crashed so most backups were missed. I can't erly on operations  to check
backups, even though they're supposed to.

Geoff Gill
TSM Administrator
NT Systems Support Engineer
SAIC