ADSM-L

Check for Process

2001-10-11 14:46:53
Subject: Check for Process
From: "Gill, Geoffrey L." <GEOFFREY.L.GILL AT SAIC DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2001 11:47:15 -0700
I'd like to know if anyone has a script that will do the following. Cron
would check once an hour from 4PM to 7 AM and see if the TSM server is up
and running. If not to restart it. I had a problem last night and the
operators didn't check backups for 6 hours and most were missed because TSM
crashed.

I'm sure this is easy to do, but my brain is mush from migrating TSM to a
different production server and upgrading to 4.2.1. After the upgrade it
crashed so most backups were missed. I can't erly on operations  to check
backups, even though they're supposed to.

Geoff Gill
TSM Administrator
NT Systems Support Engineer
SAIC