ADSM-L

Re: Delete VOLHIST questions.

2001-10-11 13:08:40
Subject: Re: Delete VOLHIST questions.
From: Alan Davenport <Alan.Davenport AT SELECTIVE DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2001 13:01:37 -0400
Thank you Ed. I would like to start doing DEL VOLHIST TYPE=ALL TODATE=-21
because no one has purged VOLHIST since the dawn of time here. (I inherited
*SM). I want to make sure that I do not lose any volume data. My
understanding of how it works is that all volume data is stored in the
database and the only time I will need VOLHIST is to pick up any volumes
created since the last database backup in the event I have to restore back
to that last backup. Those volumes would need to be audited. It is my belief
that I do NOT need to retain VOLHIST data older than my oldest DB backup. I
am just being extra cautious. Do you see any fault in my thinking?

       Al