ADSM-L

Re: Attributes of replaced files

2001-10-09 17:05:39
Subject: Re: Attributes of replaced files
From: Steve Argersinger <sargersi AT RUAN DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 9 Oct 2001 15:58:42 -0500
Ran a quick test here.  It appears that when the file changes, and you run a
backup, it does not backup the file but rather does an update.  When I went
to restore the file with the pick option, it had an older date on it, but
when I picked the one I wanted and continued, it restored the old
permissions.  I made sure that was the correct file.

Therefore, I think the answer to your question is "yes" it should set the
permissions back to the way they were.

My client is also 4.1.2 with a 4.1.4.1 server.  AIX 4.3.3

Steve Argersinger
Ruan Transportation