ADSM-L

Re: Compression and Exchange

2001-10-09 14:15:55
Subject: Re: Compression and Exchange
From: "Kauffman, Tom" <KauffmanT AT NIBCO DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 9 Oct 2001 13:00:49 -0500
I'm currently backing up two MS-Exchange servers, both 5.5 and (I think)
SP4.    Back when I was running DLT-7000 drives I maxed out at 32GB per
tape. Our info stores are compressed; I don't know if that is the default
with Exchange or not (I think it is). The only other compression we're
running is at the tape drive level. The same drives would let me put up to
105 GB of SAP/Oracle database on a tape.

Tom Kauffman
NIBCO, Inc