ADSM-L

Re: Windows equivalent to Unix 'touch' command

2001-10-08 19:27:53
Subject: Re: Windows equivalent to Unix 'touch' command
From: David Longo <David.Longo AT HEALTH-FIRST DOT ORG>
Date: Mon, 8 Oct 2001 19:25:02 -0400
The Resource kit also includes the "kill" command!
Have used it several times to kill an "sqldsmc" process
that was hung and couldn't be "ended" with Task Manager.

David Longo

>>> storman AT US.IBM DOT COM 10/08/01 06:13PM >>>
I take it back.... sort of.... I remember that "touch" was in the NT 4.0
Resource Kit, but I don't see it in Windows 2000. If you have an NT 4.0
Resource Kit installed somewhere, though, you should be able to find it
and run it on a W2K system.

Regards,

Andy

Andy Raibeck