ADSM-L

Re: Windows equivalent to Unix 'touch' command

2001-10-08 18:11:45
Subject: Re: Windows equivalent to Unix 'touch' command
From: Justin Derrick <jderrick AT CANADA DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 8 Oct 2001 17:52:05 -0400
Windows isn't normally my playground, but try:

echo "" >> <filename>

Well, it was a nice idea in theory.
Before:
WZCLINE  EXE       288,232  08-02-01  2:57p wzcline.exe

After:
WZCLINE  EXE       288,237  09-27-01 12:45p wzcline.exe

Notice the 5 byte difference.  If you're just mucking around, you might not
care.  But I wouldn't use this method on anything important.

-JD.