ADSM-L

Re: Journal Engine question

2001-10-08 11:31:53
Subject: Re: Journal Engine question
From: Andrew Raibeck <storman AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 8 Oct 2001 08:28:38 -0700
Per the README file:

"A TSM V4.2 or higher server is required to execute journal based backups"

Be sure to check the "Using the Windows Backup-Archive Client" manual
("Backing up Files and Directories" section and "Incremental section") as
well as the README file, including "Known Problems and Limitations", to
help ensure that you haven't missed anything.

I do not know how you are conducting your testing, but if you point the
same client to a different TSM server, then the journal database on that
client will be considered invalid, and you will need a full incremental
backup in order to repopulate the journal.

If you continue to have problems with this feature, I would recommend you
contact IBM support for further assistance.

Regards,

Andy

Andy Raibeck
IBM Software Group

The command line is your friend.

Niklas Lundstrom <niklas.lundstrom AT FORENINGSSPARBANKEN DOT SE>
10/08/2001 04:52