ADSM-L

VM TSM server, just some thoughts...

2001-10-04 10:29:05
Subject: VM TSM server, just some thoughts...
From: "Cook, Dwight E (SAIC)" <cookde AT BP DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 4 Oct 2001 09:11:32 -0500
OK...
The new IBM Z series processors are being pushed as consolidation servers.
        rum VM with a whole bunch of virtual LINUX servers...

The only TSM server for VM is functionally at 3.1.2
VM LINUX client is at 4.2  ( I don't know if 4.2 clients would talk to 3.1.2
server ?)

I do see there is an OS/390 TSM 4.2 server

Would a person have to run MVS under VM in order to have a TSM 4.2 server
running in this sort of environment ????????
        Uhmmm pay for MVS licenses just to get current TSM in a VM
environment :-(

maybe I need to get with my Tivoli sales folks to find out what is to be
available down the road
        maybe I just haven't looked in the right place yet...

anyone have any thoughts on any of this ?????? :-)

Dwight