ADSM-L

Re: MSSQL TDP 2.2

2001-10-03 17:41:08
Subject: Re: MSSQL TDP 2.2
From: William Degli-Angeli <billybob AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 3 Oct 2001 15:49:40 -0400
That 'step' has to do with PASSWORDACCESS GENERATE and is
necessary to ensure the correct password is stored in the registry.

You can't connect because you are not running the 'clustered' sql
server. You are running the native sql server, because the cluster
service isn't started.

    Thanks,
        Bill

William Degli-Angeli
IGS TDP Development
Endicott, NY
(607) 752-6749
TieLine: 852-6749
Internet: BillyBob AT US.IBM DOT Com

                    Gerald
                    Wichmann             To:     ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
                    <gwichmann@SAN       cc:
                    SIA.COM>             Subject:     MSSQL TDP 2.2
                    Sent by:
                    "ADSM: Dist
                    Stor Manager"
                    <ADSM-L AT VM DOT MAR
                    IST.EDU>

                    10/03/2001
                    03:02 PM
                    Please respond
                    to "ADSM: Dist
                    Stor Manager"

On page 228 of the tdp redbook, step 10 on setting up the TDP on a
clustered server says:

Enter a command that connects with the TSM server. Specify
the /tsmpassword=tsmpasswordname parameter to ensure the
correct password is stored in the registry. This allows the
scheduler service to properly connect automatically to the TSM
server.

tdpsqlc back model full /tsmp=marspswd /sqlserver=marssql1

Note: In the clustered environment, there must be a
CLUSTERNODE YES statement in the current TSM
options file.

First, is this a necessary step? What exactly is it doing here? Anyone
know why it's necessary?

When I attempt to do this, it comes back and says it fails to connect to
the MSSQL database. I can't seem to find any additional info in the
event log. Anyone have any input on why this might be happening? SQL
seems to be up and running. The cluster service isn't started - not sure
if that's related or necessary.

Appreciate any input. I'm not familiar with MS Clustering so can't do
much other then following the steps in the redbook.

Gerald