ADSM-L

volhist file extremely large

2001-10-03 09:42:05
Subject: volhist file extremely large
From: "Matthew A. Bacchi" <mbacchi AT BTV.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 3 Oct 2001 09:39:23 -0400
Folks,
        I have seen some posts concerning this in the past, but I don't have a
good feeling about my options.  I have a volumeshistory file that is around 5
megs, and entries that go back to 1997.  What I want to know is, how do I know
for sure that I can delete a particular entry?  Kelly mentioned that he does a
"delete volhist type=all todate=today-30" but that seems a little extreme to
me.  I believe that I have volumes that have data on them for much longer than
30 days.  I am pretty sure they haven't had data on them for 4 years, but I'll
bet it is closer to 6 months.

What do you guys do to verify that the volumehistory entry can be deleted? I
suppose I can write a script, but wanted some input first.

Thanks in advance.

-Matt
/**
/**
 **    Matt Bacchi                   mbacchi AT us.ibm DOT com
 **    IBM Global Services                SDC Northeast
 **    F6TG; MD Filesystems/Internet     (802) 769-4072
 **    ADSM & AFS/DFS Backup             (tie) 446-4072
 **/