ADSM-L

URGENT: How to delete backupsets

2001-10-03 05:47:20
Subject: URGENT: How to delete backupsets
From: Maurice van 't Loo <maurice AT COMPARE.MYWEB DOT NL>
Date: Wed, 3 Oct 2001 11:46:41 +0200
Hi,

On a stand-alone TSM configuration on an AIX server, we make a daily
backupset of the data to keep a copy offsite.
We use a retention of 6 days, so we can use 5 tapes for every weekday. The
volumes we use have the names of the days.

We make the backupset by:
generate backupset aix dinsdag devcl=7337cl vol=dinsdag ret=6 scratch=no

Even after a delete backupset * the new backupset connot be made.

q backupset
no match found

define backupset aix.....
anr2405e Volume DINSDAG is currently in use...

q volhist
Date/Time: 19-09-2001
Volume Name: DINSDAG
Command: generate backupset aix dinsdag devcl=7337cl vol=dinsdag ret=6
scratch=no

The 6 days are over, ik cannot delete the records by delete volhist, there
are no backupsets left, so the tape must be free and empty.

The tape is checked in and private.

It worked for 1 week...

Can please anybody help? We have no backupsets left to use, so when
something crashes, the problems are indefinate.

Thanks in Advance,

Maurice van 't Loo
Compare Computers
The Netherlands