ADSM-L

Re: anybody knows what is scheduling mode actually for? (prompt/client polling/any)

2001-10-03 03:01:45
Subject: Re: anybody knows what is scheduling mode actually for? (prompt/client polling/any)
From: Zlatko Krastev/ACIT <acit AT ATTGLOBAL DOT NET>
Date: Wed, 3 Oct 2001 09:59:24 +0300
Thida,

look at "queryschedperiod" option in dsm.sys (or dsm.opt where dsm.sys is
not used). By default it is 12 hours but you can make it 1 hour. When this
time expires the client contacts the server and looks for new schedules.
This is for polling mode.
In prompted mode the client is always ready to answer server requests (i.e.
schedules). But this also means selected TCP port to be always opened on
the client. Sometimes this might not be desirable for security reasons.

Zlatko Krastev
IT Consultant

Thida Chin <thida.t.chintawongvanich AT SSI.SHELL.COM DOT MY> on 02.10.2001
13:09:10