ADSM-L

Re: Audit trail for TSM?

2001-10-02 13:03:59
Subject: Re: Audit trail for TSM?
From: Alex Paschal <AlexPaschal AT FREIGHTLINER DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 2 Oct 2001 10:01:02 -0700
Ike, you might try unsetting QUIET in your dsm.opt.  That should give you a
list of everything it does.  If your archive is scheduled, you'll find the
objects in the dsmsched.log.  If you're running this as a cron'd command,
you could redirect stdout and stderr to a log file.

I suppose if you really want to, you could take a list of all the files you
want to archive and compare it to the list of objects that actually were
archived.  You might get that list of objects with something like...

tsm: S80ADSM>select colname, index_keyseq from syscat.columns where
tabname='ARCHIVES'

COLNAME                INDEX_KEYSEQ
------------------     ------------
NODE_NAME                         1
NODE_NAME                         1
FILESPACE_NAME                    2
TYPE                              3
HL_NAME                           4
LL_NAME                           5
OBJECT_ID
ARCHIVE_DATE
OWNER
DESCRIPTION
CLASS_NAME

tsm: S80ADSM>select hl_name, ll_name from archives where node_name='mynode'
and filespace_name='/my filespace/' and type='FILE' and hl_name like
'/path/%' and date(archive_date)='2001-10-02' and description='my target
archive'