ADSM-L

Re: Archival with different retentions?

2001-09-30 07:46:46
Subject: Re: Archival with different retentions?
From: Zlatko Krastev/ACIT <acit AT ATTGLOBAL DOT NET>
Date: Sun, 30 Sep 2001 14:44:25 +0300
This would give you list of file ordered by expiration date. So you can see
which file "wants" to go away. Of course this returns huge output and for
real work some groupping has to be done (for example on
node_name,description). However be aware that when files are going to
different mgmtclasses through inclexcl list the classes might have
different archive retensions and you will have to use
min(ar_copygroups.retver).

select archives.node_name, archives.filespace_name, -
        archives.hl_name, archives.ll_name, mgmtclasses.class_name, -
        max(archives.archive_date) as "Archived", -
        max(archives.archive_date + -
        cast(ar_copygroups.retver as interval day) ) as "Expires"-
from archives, nodes, domains, mgmtclasses, ar_copygroups -
where ar_copygroups.domain_name=mgmtclasses.domain_name -
and ar_copygroups.set_name=mgmtclasses.set_name -
and ar_copygroups.class_name=mgmtclasses.class_name -
and ar_copygroups.copygroup_name='STANDARD' -
and mgmtclasses.domain_name=domains.domain_name -
and mgmtclasses.set_name='ACTIVE' -
and mgmtclasses.class_name = case archives.class_name when 'DEFAULT' -
        then (select domains.defmgmtclass from nodes,domains -
        where nodes.node_name=archives.node_name -
        and nodes.domain_name=domains.domain_name) -
        else archives.class_name end -
and nodes.domain_name=domains.domain_name -
and archives.node_name=nodes.node_name -
group by archives.node_name, archives.filespace_name, archives.hl_name, -
        archives.ll_name, mgmtclasses.class_name -
order by 7,6

Zlatko Krastev
IT Consultant

Jeff Bach <jdbach AT WAL-MART DOT COM> on 27.09.2001 20:48:47