ADSM-L

Re: performance question

2001-09-28 16:04:21
Subject: Re: performance question
From: Thorhallur Sverrisson <thorhs AT DEMON.NYHERJI DOT IS>
Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2001 20:01:07 +0000
In the first place, drop the compression.  Compression is only intended for
slow links where the amount of data sent over the wire is impotant.  It is a
huge CPU burden for the client to compress the data, so high transfer rates
are not possible with it enabled.

Personaly I would say that any line above 2Mbits/s should not use compression.

Just MHO,

Thorhallur