ADSM-L

Re: TSM on WinNT

2001-09-28 14:27:51
Subject: Re: TSM on WinNT
From: Daniel Sparrman <daniel.sparrman AT EXIST-SWEDEN DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2001 20:19:26 +0200

All good about NT/2000... But it's a fact that a UNIX machine normally can take higher I(O throughput.

The important thing to think about is what a backup server is really doing... It's all about I/O...

We've got 600 servers running on a IBM Network Storage Manager, which is really a RS/6000 machine... No problems.

I wouldn't recommend NT/2000 for larger environments, not all because of I/O throughput, but also because the stability in a UNIX machine is much greater..

And really, would you like to put +10TB of data on a machine that isn't stable?

Best Regards

Daniel Sparrman

Daniel Sparrman
Exist i Stockholm AB