ADSM-L

Mac client 4.1.3 and 4.2 w/Mac OS 9.1

2001-09-25 21:40:03
Subject: Mac client 4.1.3 and 4.2 w/Mac OS 9.1
From: Bob Booth - CCSO <booth AT CHIANTI.CSO.UIUC DOT EDU>
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2001 20:36:51 -0500
Is anyone having problems with the latest Macintosh clients and MacOS 9.1?

We just had someone install the 4.1.3 client on their system, and finds that
the application will not start when dragging the 'preferences' file onto the
TSM Backup icon.

After further investigation, it seems that it relates to the number of
comment '*' lines at the beginning of the file.  Reducing the number comment
lines will eventually allow you to start the application.

The following line gets added to the TSM Error Log when the problem occurs:

Invalid parameter passed

This happens when the IBM supplied preference file is used as well, and it
breaks with both 4.1.3 and 4.2 clients.

I am not a Mac user, so I just sit and say umm.. strange.  I guess Mac users
get really upset about stuff like this, and they don't like it when you say
'reboot and try again'.  Seems to work for Windows users...

thanks in advance,

Bob Booth