ADSM-L

installing SAN Storage Agent

2001-09-25 10:42:09
Subject: installing SAN Storage Agent
From: "Van Ruler, Ruud R SITI-ISES-31" <Ruud.R.vanRuler AT IS.SHELL DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2001 16:37:52 +0200
L&g

I am having some problems with installing SAN Storage Agent on WinNT Client
using the "TSM Managed Systems for SAN" cdrom .
TSM4.2 server runs on AIX 4.3
On this WinNT I have TSM 4.2 B/A Client software installed.
For testing purposes trying to configure the WinNT Client in such a way that
LAN-free backup is possible.
During configuration I get the following error message : ANRU1109E

 <<...OLE_Obj...>>

 <<...OLE_Obj...>>

It has something to do with TSM MMC Console and using account with Admin
authority ........
I think I do not need TSM Management Console on my Windows B/A Client ....
!!!!??????

How can I install just the Storage Agent software without TSM Management
Console feature  ???
Do I need Storage Agent software both on TSM server on AIX and TSM client
for Windows ????

thanks in advance.

Ruud van Ruler, Shell Information Technology International B.V.   - ISES/31
Our Central Data Storage Management home page:
http://sww2.shell.com/cdsm/
> Room 1B/G01
> Dokter van Zeelandstraat 1, 2285 BD Leidschendam NL
Tel : +31 (0)70 - 3034644, Fax 4011, Mobile +31 (0)6-55127646
Email Internet: ruud.r.vanruler AT is.shell DOT com
                          rvanruler AT hotmail DOT com

                                                            R.vanRuler