ADSM-L

Re: TSM 3.7.2 to 4.1 migration

2001-09-24 15:30:55
Subject: Re: TSM 3.7.2 to 4.1 migration
From: Len Boyle <SNOLEN AT VM.SAS DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2001 15:18:25 EDT
In article <sbab1760.008@tagwia>, Lawrence Clark
<Larry_Clark AT THRUWAY.STATE.NY DOT US> says:

>Hi:
>Earlier this year we migrated to 3.7.2 from 3.1.
>
>That involved a database migration, but otherwise was straightfoward.
>
>Has anyone gone through the 3.7.2 to 4.1 migration?
>
>Is there a database migration involved?
>Any licensing issues?
>Any gotchas that anyone has experienced?
>Larry Clark
Hello Larry

I did it on windows nt, and it was a little harder then with 3.1 to 3.7
It does require an database upgrade. It also requires a lic upgrade.
and the lic files are only on the cdrom. The tsm readme says to
either install from cdrom with the ga level code and then save the lic
keys and then do the upgrade to the 4.1.lastest code and copy the lic
files back in. You have to copy the lic files back in as the readme
says to remove the product before installing the lastest level of the
tsm code. At least on windows. And I found that it deleted the
dsmserv.opt file also.

I found that the upgrade procedure did not update the web admin code on t
the server. Of course I believe that this was happing in the 3.7 level
of the code also.

This is covered in apar ic28978.
dsmserv -k server1 runfile "d:\program files\ibm\adsm\server\dsmserv.idl"

This may be different with the aix version of the server.

Good luck len