ADSM-L

Re: Expiration "challenge"

2001-09-21 17:31:38
Subject: Re: Expiration "challenge"
From: "Thomas A. La Porte" <tlaporte AT ANIM.DREAMWORKS DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2001 14:32:16 -0700
I can think of two options.

1) Save an additional backup of your (ADSM) database, and take
   measures to ensure that the tapes upon which your (Informix)
   database reside do not get reused.

   This will allow you to restore the ADSM database at some stage
   in the future, and the tapes that you care about with the
   Informix database will still be available from which you can
   restore the Informix OLTP data.

2) Restore a copy of the Informix OLTP database to some location,
   and then run an *archive* of that data.

Based on your description of the environment, unless you can get
a vendor to loan you equipment for the process, I would think
that of the two options I've proposed, #1 is the better choice.
I'm sure others on the list might approach this question from a
different angle and offer further suggestions.

 -- Tom

Thomas A. La Porte
DreamWorks SKG
tlaporte AT anim.dreamworks DOT com