ADSM-L

Re: Automating Lotus Domino backups

2001-09-21 15:22:09
Subject: Re: Automating Lotus Domino backups
From: Del Hoobler <hoobler AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2001 15:21:54 -0400
> Hi Del,
> I commented out password=generate in the dsm.opt file in the
> domino directory. I assume this takes effect after the
> schedular is deleted then re-installed.
> Larry

Larry,

Well.. it all depends on how you are running it.
If you use a COMMAND type schedule to launch
a batch file, then you can use PASSWORDACCESS GENERATE
with no problems as long as you also use the NODENAME
option in the same dsm.opt file.
In addition, your batch file can not use the
/ADSMNODE= option when kicking off the backup
with the domdsmc command.

And so, you can do it one of two ways:

1. Use PASSWORDACCESS GENERATE and NODENAME in the
   dsm.opt file and then you don't need to send in
   the /ADSMNODE or the /ADSMPWD option on the
   command execution.

2. Use PASSWORDACCESS PROMPT, in which case you
   will need to use the /ADSMPWD option in
   order to pass in the password for an
   automated execution.

For scheduled backups details, take a look
at Appendix A in the TDP for Lotus Domino
User's Guide for more details.

I hope this helps.

Thanks,

Del

Del Hoobler
Del Hoobler
IBM Corporation
hoobler AT us.ibm DOT com

"It's a beautiful day.  Don't let it get away."  -- Bono